If you’ve recently organised a termite pest control treatment with Maitland Pest Exterminators, congratulations! You’re taking an important step in protecting your home from these destructive pests. To ensure that the treatment is effective, there are a few things you’ll need to do to prepare. Here’s what you need to know:
What to Do Before Termite Treatment
- Collect all wood (including firewood) away from your house. Put it in a storage shed or other structure that is not attached to your home. This will prevent the termites from accessing the wood and make it easier for us to treat your home.
- Clear away any vegetation or debris that is touching your foundation. Termites are attracted to moisture. So, if there are any areas around your foundation that are wet or damp, make sure to fix them before our termite exterminators arrive.
- Make sure there is a clear path for the exterminator to access the affected areas of your home. This might mean moving furniture or removing items from shelves and cabinets. The easier it is for the exterminator to do their job, the quicker and more effective the treatment will be.
- Look out for rain. If it rains on the day of your scheduled treatment, it could wash away the products our exterminators use. If this happens, Maitland Pest Exterminators will contact you to reschedule your appointment for another day.
- Keep children and pets away from the affected areas during treatment. Although Maitland Pest Exterminators always endeavours to ensure that our products are safe for children and pets, it’s best to err on the side of caution and keep them away from the treatment areas until the products have had time to dry.
- Before your treatment starts, remove all food from cupboards and countertops. Store food in airtight containers and put away any pet food bowls.
- Lastly, be sure to ask the exterminator about what you can do to prevent termites from coming back in the future. In many cases, simple things like sealing cracks in your foundation or fixing leaks can go a long way towards preventing another infestation.
Termite Pest Control Treatments
Termites can be a major nuisance and cause a great deal of damage to your home or other structures. They are particularly insidious because they go undetected for long periods of time, only becoming noticeable once they have caused extensive damage. In order to effectively prevent and control termite infestations, it is important to prepare for termite pest control treatments. This involves doing things such as removing clutter from your home and eliminating food sources like cardboard and wood. By taking steps to reduce the risk of termite infestation, you can better protect your home from these damaging pests and enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are well-prepared for any future treatment needs.